Friday, June 14, 2013

The Shit List: Number 5 Gary Wright

Dream Weaver.




This, from: jason75 1 week ago
Ah I was a kid in the 70s, had the best time of my life. Todays music is this rap crap, or this pop bull shit.Today its about money, looks, fame with no talent. 70s has pass and gone, wish I had a time machine to go back to the 70s, and ways keep on rocking in the 70s I know I will


I don't feel particularly inclined to comment on this one. I think it's a human blight, but it's hard to say what qualifies. Genocide is a human atrocity. Dream Weaver is probably a qualified blight. But I will say that Gary works so hard on his facial expressionism that if you watch it without sound, you might find something in there to be entertained by. 

This is a blog, though, so I feel obligated to talk about things when I'm up in this, you know what I mean? The horror-show beginning with the army of squiggly bugs is awesome beyond. I love that he doesn't move at all while he's playing keys and doing that sing like thing he does. He's like a Liberace statue emoting from within, while disconnecting completely from the outside world.





His vibrato is so strained that I worry for his constitution. The Gong player is a genius, though!
1976 must have been a starved year for popular music. I was only one when this thing happened, but if I'd known, I probably would have stayed in the womb an extra year and come on out with hope on my face knowing that brighter days lie ahead. Best Price $2.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment