Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Shit List: The 50 Most Over-Played Songs That Must Now Die

So, in the coming months, I've decided that I'm going to blog about the 50 most over-played rock-and-roll radio "hits" that must die. I will probably piss some of you off because of the nostalgia that these songs creates for you in your hearts. And that's sweet. All the same, there are many more than fifty songs that should die. There are hundreds of songs that should die. Immediately. And never be played again.

Number 1:

"More Than A Feeling" - Boston

Need I say more? Come on. It has 11 million views on youtube, 500k likes. This song is not horrible. It is not great, either. It's just kind of there. It's a blah song that some producer continues to think is unoffensive enough to make a ONCE AN HOUR player on the iHeart Radio conglomerate!


After three decades, it's time to put "More Than A Feeling" to bed, sweethearts. Every single time I hear the sweet guitar flirtation at the beginning, I TURN THE DIAL to something else, anything else. The fucking Jesus station is more interesting to me than listening to this song again. I just listened to it again for this blog, and I got thirty seconds in before I wanted to rip my ear drums out. ENOUGH!!! Just in case you want to buy this boring-ass song so that you can listen to it twice an hour rather than just once, here's the link to it at amazon! Maybe if you buy it, the radio conglomerates can get over it once and for all. 

ZPR

3 comments:

  1. This made me laugh out loud! But now the goddamn song is stuck in my head. I think I have similar feelings about Steely Dan's "Deacon Blue."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Steely can be a bit that way. And Yes's I've Seen All Good People is another one. The list goes on and on!

      Delete
  2. You're a real PIP, Zaryrus.

    If that's your REAL name.

    ReplyDelete